These soft and chewy sweet tomatoes chocolate chip cookie bars are inspired by the cookie bites offered at Sweet tomatoes or the soup plantation. They are soft, chewy and pair amazingly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This recipe is for all my thick chocolate chip cookie lovers!
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- First start by preheating the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Let the butter cool down for 5-10 minutes at room temperature then add in the brown sugar, granulated sugar and mix until combined. Add in the room temperature egg, and the vanilla and mix again.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips and stir just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Gently spread the batter in the prepared baking sheet and bake for 17 minutes. Pull the chocolate chip cookie bars from the oven and top with a few more chocolate chips to get the perfect looking cookie bars. Let them cool down completely before pulling them out of the pan and slicing them.
Calories: 116kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 1gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 127mgPotassium: 23mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 192IUCalcium: 10mgIron: 1mg