Strawberries and chocolate are a classic combo–one of my faves [the Chocolate Covered Strawberry Blizzard is my go-to at DQ], so it was no surprise that I loved these cookie bars. I’m usually a homemade-only kinda baker/chef, as you know, but the use of strawberry cake mix is absolutely essential in these cookie bars.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 box strawberry cake mix [Pillsbury 15.25 ounces OR Duncan Hines 18.25 ounces]
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup canola oil [for Pillsbury] or 1/3 cup canola oil [for Duncan Hines]
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix and baking powder. In a measuring cup, whisk together oil, eggs, and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then fold in chocolate chips. Dough will be oily and very thick.
- Press dough into prepared pan, then bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting into bars.