When you want to bake a small batch of chocolate chip cookie bars, turn them into Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars made in a loaf pan! They’re easier and faster than scooping cookies plus they won’t spread too thin.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons or 2 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl on medium speed, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the yolk and vanilla until smooth.
- On low speed, gradually beat in the flour mixture for 1 minute or until the dough comes together. The mixture will look dry and crumbly but will come together to pat into the pan. Do not overbeat. Stir in the chocolate chips.