Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars taste even better when they’re swirled with creamy peanut butter! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars are a must try for anyone who can’t get enough chocolate and peanut butter treats.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugars until creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and beat until blended. Add in flour and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread half of the dough (using fingertips) in the bottom of the baking dish. Dollop the peanut butter onto the dough. I used a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop to do this. Do not spread the peanut butter, drop by teaspoon or tablespoon instead.
- Top with remaining cookie dough (it's okay if some of the peanut butter shows).
- Bake in preheated oven for 22-24 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely in pan.
- Cut into bars and enjoy.
- Choose a traditional peanut butter, like Jif or Skippy, not a natural version.
- Don’t spread the peanut butter, you’ll thank me later when you take a bite with a creamy swirl of peanut butter.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.