Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are thick and chewy and a great treat for a crowd, potlucks and parties. They have the flavor you love from a great chocolate chip cookie, baked into easy and delicious bars!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter , room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a little bit of both!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 in. pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth and light.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, rolled oats, and 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Add to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread ½ of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Carefully press remaining cookie mixture on top of chocolate. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Calories: 254kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 2gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 180mgPotassium: 69mgFiber: 1gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 290IUVitamin C: 0.1mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 1mg