Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars with a ribbon of Nutella running right through the middle. These buttery cookie bars are sure to become a family favourite.
nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookie bars
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 115 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate chips
- 100 grams (1/3 cup) Nutella
- Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer on medium speed until soft and creamy. Add egg and mix briefly to combine.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and mix until a soft cookie dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into two and press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of your pan to form one even layer. Add the Nutella and spread into one even layer.
- Then grab the other half of your cookie dough and break it up into pieces and pop on top of the Nutella. Use your fingers to join the cookie dough together so the Nutella is fully covered .
- Pop into the oven for approximately 24-26 minutes or until golden brown on top. Leave to cool completely in the baking tin. Cut into slices and serve.