These Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars taste just like a chocolate chip cookie but are made with whole wheat flour, natural sweetener, and dark chocolate chips. Soft but chewy, they are so easy to make!
Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup natural sweetener – or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt – save some for topping.
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips – save some for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray, line it with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and natural sweetener until fully combined. It's about 2 minutes.
- Then, add the almond butter and mix until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again until it is creamy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix to combine all the ingredients together.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in.
- Spread the dough out in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes or just until set in the center.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- Store for up to 5 days in an glass container.
Serving: 1/18, Calories: 187kcal, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 28mg, Sodium: 109mg, Potassium: 7mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 13g