These decadent 5-ingredient bars combine layers of chocolate chip cookies and a fudgy chocolate filling made with a genius secret ingredient–Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting. They’re impressive enough for a special occasion, but easy enough for weeknight baking, too.
Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting (from 16-oz container)
- 2 oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Remove 3/4 cup of the cookie dough; set aside. Press remaining dough evenly in bottom of pan.
- In small bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese with spoon until well blended. Spread frosting mixture on top of cookie base. Break remaining cookie dough into small pieces, and sprinkle over top of frosting mixture.
- Bake 30 to 34 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
tip 1To quickly soften cream cheese, remove from wrapper, and place on microwavable plate; microwave uncovered on High about 15 seconds or just until softened.
tip 2The secret for cutting bars easily is to line pan with heavy-duty or nonstick foil. When it is time to cut bars, just lift baked bar with foil out of pan, and cut. This also makes cleanup extra easy.
230 Calories, 12g Total Fat, 1g Protein, 29g Total Carbohydrate, 20g Sugars