These Dark Double Chocolate Chip cookie bars are a rich, chocolaty treat, and decadent treat. A touch of espresso elevates the rich chocolate notes to make a perfectly decadent and delicious cookie.
Espresso Dark Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a stand mixer, combine the softened butter and sugar; mix until light and fluffy. Then mix in the brown sugar. Once combined, add the eggs, vanilla, and instant espresso.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Then gradually add the flour mixture into the butter and egg mixture. Be careful not overmix. Fold in the white chocolate and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons, drop dollops of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
YIELD: 30 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 234TOTAL FAT: 12gSATURATED FAT: 7gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 4gCHOLESTEROL: 31mgSODIUM: 144mgCARBOHYDRATES: 29gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 20gPROTEIN: 3g