Double chocolate chip cookie bars with a fudgy chocolatey bottom are soft, chewy and made in a sheet pan. These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are made with single cookie dough (no separate dough for both the layers).
Double chocolate chip cookie
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar tightly packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 – ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 yolk
- 2.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
For the bottom chocolate layer
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line 9X13 inch with parchment paper.
- Make sure the melted butter has come to room temperature.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar to the melted butter. Mix well.
- Whisk in eggs and yolk to butter-sugar mixture. Mix until creamy.
- In a bowl mix flour, salt and soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Reserve 1 cup cookie bough to be mixed later. To the rest of the dough mix ¾ cup chocolate chips and keep aside.
- In a separate bowl add ¼ cup melted butter and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup reserved cookie dough to the butter cocoa mixture. Add ¼ cup chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread the Chocolate Cookie dough at the bottom.
- Then spoon rest of the cookie dough on top and carefully spread it to an even layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F (180 C) for 18- 20 minutes.
- At the end of the baking time, the edges will look set but it will still be soft at the middle. But once it cools down the centre will set as well.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 352mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 538IU | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg