These no bake cookie dough bars are packed with chocolate chips and dried tart cherries. A wholesome snack that tastes as decadent as cookie dough!
COOKIE DOUGH BARS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND TART CHERRIES
- 1 cup plain cashews
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 medium ripe medium banana
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried Montmorency cherries
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (*see note)
- Line 6×9 inch (or similar size) baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine cashews, oats, coconut flour and salt in a food processor and process until a course meal consistency.
- Add the banana, 3 tablespoons of the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Process until fully combined and mixture comes together with a sticky consistency (it should hold together firmly when pressed between your fingers). Add remaining tablespoon of maple syrup if extra moisture is needed.
- Turn the dough out into a medium bowl. Add the dried tart cherries and chocolate chips and fold in with a spatula or using your hands to combine.
- Press the mixture evenly into the baking dish making sure to spread into the corners.
- Place the baking dish in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Remove the cookie dough from the baking dish by lifting the sides of the parchment paper.
- Cut into 8 squares or other desired shape.
- Keep refrigerated.
YIELD: 8 – SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 184 – TOTAL FAT: 11g – SATURATED FAT: 3g – TRANS FAT: 0g – UNSATURATED FAT: 7g – CHOLESTEROL: 0mg – SODIUM: 129mg – CARBOHYDRATES: 20g – FIBER: 1g – SUGAR: 11g – PROTEIN: 4g