Coffee House Vonnie’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars is a decadent cookie that’s quick to fix, super easy to make. And… chewy, buttery, deliciously chocolatey and incredibly delicious.
Coffee House Vonnie’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2–1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips plus more for melting
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper or foil for easy removal and cutting. If you’re using foil, be sure to lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda. In a separate bowl, melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Once mixed, add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture; stir until smooth. Gradually stir in the flour mixture and the 2 cups of chocolate chips. Once the batter is fully incorporated, meaning no dry flour streaks, spread the dough into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the cookies for 20 to 25 minutes. Don’t overcook these cookie bars. You want them set but not hard. Once cool, melt about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Then drizzle the melted chocolate over the uncut bars. When the chocolate has hardened, I like to refrigerate for about 5 minutes until set, then cut into bars or squares.