Cheesecake for the grown-up in me and chocolate chip cookie dough for the little girl in me. Sour cream offsets the sweetness and adds a nice tang. Everyone who tries this scrumptious cookie dough cheesecake loves it.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- 1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate chip cookies or chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add water and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls over filling, gently pushing dough below surface (dough should be completely covered by filling). Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 slice: 551 calories, 36g fat (22g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.