Want to love chocolate chip cookie bars s’more? Add toasted marshmallows!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Marshmallow
Want to love chocolate chip cookie bars s'more? Add toasted marshmallows!
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (see Cook's Note)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with butter.
- Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Stir the flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture. Stir in 2 cups of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake until the edges are light brown and set, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Preheat the broiler. Cover the cookie bars with the marshmallows and remaining 1 cup chocolate chips. Broil at least 8 inches from the heat until the marshmallows turn golden brown, about 2 minutes. (Watch carefully to make sure the marshmallows toast but don?t burn.) Cool and then cut with a sharp knife.
When measuring flour, we spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off the excess. (Scooping directly from the bag compacts the flour, resulting in dry baked goods.)