Almond chocolate chip cookie bars are great, but they are also fragile. These sturdy cookie bars can be stacked and shipped in the mail without worry. This not only makes for a unique presentation, but it also facilities easy storage and transportation.
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 Tablespoon canola oil, or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste, or pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cake flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and oil. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until creamy. Add in the egg and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until the dry has been incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and sliced almonds. Mix until just combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan. Press into an even layer using parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool completely on a rack before unmolding. Be sure to run a knife around the edges before inverting. Peel off parchment paper and cut into desired servings.